Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor

Are you involved in the packing, loading, unloading, filling and/or carriage of dangerous goods by road or rail? You may be required to comply with the legal obligations established under the Regulations to appoint a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor.

What is a DGSA?

The loading, unloading, filling and/or carriage of dangerous goods by road or rail? Whether waste or product you may be required by law to employ the services of a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA).

Is a person certified to provide advice to the undertakings whose activities include the consigning, carriage, or the related packing, loading, filling or unloading of dangerous goods, to monitor compliance with the legal requirements and ensure the preparation of an annual report.

dangerous goods safety advisor training, books on table in a meeting room

Who Needs A DGSA?

Companies who act as consignors of dangerous goods, including office based consignors, are required to comply with the requirements to minimize their risks to health, safety and environmental matters in connection with the carriage of dangerous goods.

What Needs To Be Done?

Companies should check if they are required to appoint a qualified DGSA in accordance with ADR 1.8.3. We can discuss matters with you.

dangerous goods safety advisor book about the transport of radioactive materials

What DGSA Consultancy Service Can ADR Express Offer Us?

ADR Express can be contracted to your company to ensure that you are complying with the regulations.

An extensive (but not time consuming) audit would be undertaken to highlight any areas that need looking into further. Following this audit, a report would be issued detailing areas you would need to address.

ADR Express would also provide a free query service on dangerous goods, and on the applicable Regulations. Staff can ring at anytime with queries and get the answers back right away.

Where can I find out more Information?

We can arrange a visit to your premises with no obligation, to discuss any grey areas and to ascertain your needs.

You can also obtain information from the Health and Safety Executive. A useful publication published by the HSE is entitled ‘Are You Involved In The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road or Rail?’ This gives information on all aspects of the regulations.

Need Our Help?